Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Relocating to California? Come Closer for a Hot Tip


California is a large state both in size and population.  Our urban cities of San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego are world renown.  The area is blessed with some of the most stunning natural beauty the world has to offer.  We claim the majority of the coastline along the Pacific Ocean on the west coast.  We have stunning mountains, mesmerizing deserts, rivers, lakes and parks.  Yes, California is larger than many countries.

Relocating to California can be a daunting experience.  Over twenty years ago when I received the news we were relocating to Los Angeles I was less than thrilled.  My experience with Los Angeles consisted of one smog-filled summer trip during the mid 1970s, and frankly I did not care if I never saw Los Angeles again.  I should explain, my arrival coincided with those hot Santa Ana winds that feel like a blast from a furnace and also usher in soupy, smog filled skies.  It only happens once or twice a year and lasts for a few days before the wind reverses and the coastal breezes return once again. For me, Los Angeles failed miserably when it comes to that first chance to make a good impression.

What a difference a decade or two can make!  The second time around I knew I needed to live near the coast for cleaner air, and with the addition of four children, I needed top rated schools.  After looking in several areas and having more than one agent point me in the direction of Palos Verdes, I ventured onto the Palos Verdes Peninsula and am still here.  What a find!  It's not the LA you know from Hollywood movies or the Beverly Hills Housewives.  It's quiet here.  If you're seeking the limelight or the bright lights this is not the place for you. 

On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the gift of living close to the sea in a California coastal community with one of the top-rated school systems in the State, then perhaps you should investigate the Palos Verdes Lifestyle the residents of the Palos Verdes Peninsula enjoy.  Once here, I'm guessing there will be no regrets.

I'd love to be your guide.  I'm a convert, not a native with no experience living in other parts of the USA.  I've lived in the Midwest, New England, Mid-Atlantic and the South. I've traveled the world and I still smile when I arrive home to my serene little pocket of Los Angeles--the Palos Verdes Peninsula.

Norma Toering - REMAX Palos VerdesNorma Toering & Team RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
(310) 493-8333 / Office Phone: (310) 831-0800
PalosVerdesLifestyle- Nominated by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs. Chosen by MovingCost.com as one of the best Los Angeles realty blogs. Awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Lender411 blog review.  Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs. As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.
South Bay Los Angeles cities I sell real estate, property, houses and homes in: Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Torrance, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach. Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of the initial date of this article/blog publication and /or other sources. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.
Subscribe to Norma Toering's ActiveRain blog       Norma Toering and Team on Facebook

Find Norma on: Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn - Email Norma
Search for Homes in Palos Verdes California on Toering and Team. Google Norma Toering What is your home worth today - Norma Toering
Palos Verdes Map with Real Estate Areas
Norma Toering & Team - Palos Verdes Homes